Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our day at Brianhead

Yesterday we took the long awaited trip to brianhead. We have been wanting to take the kids to lessons. Lily chose to snowboard and Anthony had to ski. He was too young to snowboard. He calls is "Skeeting". We are so proud of them both. They both were extremely nervous. In fact Anthony cried after we dropped him off and Lily was starting to cry. For a minute I thought, "What a waste of money." We left them there and not much longer we were watching them on the bunny hill with their instructors. Lily was very nervous since her instructor was a "boy." Angel and I headed over to the other mountain to enjoy our time. He boarded and I skied. I have been so nervous about it since I haven't been for over ten years. I thought for sure I would break or pull something. I didn't fall even once. When we got back to the bunny hill the kids were doing great! They had a great time. We hope to take them night skiing soon so they don't forget what they were taught. I am so proud to them for sticking with it no matter how scared they were. I believe this is how we build our kids self esteem, Helping them do things they are scared to do. The video is kind of long, but you see Anthony do really well at the end.

4 comments:

Elke said...

The kids are adorable!!!! They look like naturals on the snow!!! What a fun family day!!

Watts Family said...

What a fun day! Great memories! They both look so cute...

Kendra Jerome said...

Good job getting back out there Jenny. We'll have to do it together again sometime. I am sure Makenzie would love to snowboard with Lily.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for dinner and for taking our girls. Dinner was amazing.