Wednesday, January 14, 2009

why does good food have to be so bad?

Angels brother Dany hasn't been coming to visit us much lately. He had his two kids for the weekend and so we invited them to stay with us for the weekend. I decided to cook some good food in hopes that he would like it and come around more often. We'll see if it worked. This is his adorable son Daniel.


Shredded beef taquitos, quacamole, black beans and queso fresco.
I pressure cooked a roast in 20 minutes and then Angel made the taquitos and quacomole. I made everything else.


These were Empenadas stuffed with ground beef and queso fresco. I made the salsa by charring 5 different chilis and blending it with cilantro, garlic and canned tomatoes.




We made little plates for everyone in the neighborhood. We hope the enjoyed them.



4 comments:

daveandjoel@yahoo.com said...

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh....I want that!

Watts Family said...

Um...thats very rude to post all those pictures while I'm hungry! Thanks for the empanadas the other night I loved them!!

The Gubler Fam said...

Can I get some recipes!! Really it all looks so so good and I need something new to cook!! I miss you!! Call me!!

Kendra Jerome said...

Looks Delicious Jenny! When are you guys coming to Oregon so you can teach me how to cook some of that?